How to Optimize Sales and Marketing Results with Automation
Boosting sales is one of the most difficult and time-consuming endeavors a business can undertake. The reason is that the tasks associated with increasing sales are usually tedious and repetitive and require the collaboration of multiple departments, i.e., the marketing department.
As a sales rep, there are two routes you can take to achieve company objectives:
- Try to do everything yourself, burnout, and decrease the effectiveness of your efforts.
- Invest in automation.
For most business owners and managers, they'd probably opt out of employee burnout and opt into a solution like automation.
What is Automation?
Automation refers to software that uses machine learning to handle tedious and repetitive processes. It automates different aspects of the customer journey, such as follow-up emails, lead nurturing, reminders, and so on. It also streamlines a business’ internal processes, such as sales follow-up, customer service follow-up, and more.
What is Sales Automation?
Sales automation refers to automated functions that are essential to building profitable customer journeys. Sales automation includes functionality such as workflows, journeys, or drip campaigns.
What is Marketing Automation?
Marketing automation refers to functions that automate repetitive marketing tasks such as social media posting, email marketing, website actions, and so on.
What Sales Processes can be Automated?
- Workflows - Automating workflows is one of the best ways to save time and boost overall productivity. A workflow refers to a series of activities that are completed without human intervention. An example of workflow automation would be customer onboarding, billing and invoicing, processing sales orders, and customer intake requests.
- Automated Follow-Ups - Automating flow-ups entails automatic outreach to prospective or existing customers when they provide their contact information via customer acquisition tactics, such as filling out an online questionnaire or signing up for an ebook. The biggest benefit of automated follow-ups is that it allows you to limit the number of prospects that are lost during their journey from prospect to customer.
- Automated Lead Nurturing - Lead nurturing refers to the process of establishing and maintaining bonds with prospective and existing customers throughout the various stages of their journey. Automation is used to send marketing materials and other forms of communications to prospects when they perform specific actions (I.e., on a website).
- Integrated Booking Calendars - Integrated booking calendars are a salesperson's greatest tool. You, as a sales rep, are empowered to construct your calendar accordingly and have predetermined time slots filled automatically by prospects without them having to contact you directly, and you manually input it into your calendar.
You can customize your calendar to have demo calls from 10 am-2 pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. If a prospect is interested in scheduling a demo, they can simply go on to your website, click "Request a Demo," pick a time slot, and they are automatically added to your calendar. Easy.
What Are The Benefits of Automation?
- Saves You Time – The time-saving aspect of automation is the greatest benefit a salesperson can receive. Implementing automation into your processes means you no longer have to personally correspond with leads or gather emails for your marketing campaigns. With automation, relevant emails are automatically sent to folders based on customer behavior.
- Increases Customer Retention – Increasing customer retention is the most cost-effective way to grow your business. The reason is that selling to an existing customer takes fewer resources than it does to acquire a new one. Automation works to enhance your customer retention rate by constantly engaging with potential and existing customers.
- Easily Track Results – Automated software like GreenRope, provides insightful, interactive analytics that breaks down the performance of your marketing campaigns, depicting in detail the effectiveness of your strategy.
- Improve Lead Conversions – Automation is the perfect tool for improving lead conversion rates. As we know, concerning monotonous tasks, we tend to start strong, but at a certain point, we're reminded that we're only human. We get tired, and we make errors. Automation is the complete opposite. This technology works around the clock, completing repetitive tasks to perfection, based on the criteria that you set, and will continue to perform until you make adjustments.
Who are We?
We are GreenRope. We provide innovative CRM and marketing software designed to help sales and marketing departments achieve business objectives.
To learn more about our automated sales solutions, contact us at GreenRope today.
Share Category "CRM":
Share Category "Marketing Automation":
Share Category "Sales":