Tips for Incorporating Mobile into your Strategy
Mobile this, mobile that, no matter what… You’ve got to go mobile. These are phrases that we hear day in and day out as business owners and marketers. However, it is not enough to just say you need it. First, it is important to understand the steps that you can take to easily implement mobile marketing into your overall marketing strategy why it is so important.
What is mobile marketing?
Mobile marketing is the use of mobile devices (tablets or mobile phones) for marketing your business. Simply said, your customers are able to interact with your business using any type of mobile device.
Mobile marketing includes the following:
- Mobile-friendly websites
- Mobile messaging: Text/ SMS
- Mobile advertising
- Mobile applications
- QR Codes
- Location-based marketing
The numbers Behind Mobile Marketing: (Based on an Anchor Mobile Study)
- 271 million adults in the U.S. alone own some sort of mobile device
- 70% of all people in the U.S. said they would like to receive offers on their mobile phones
- 75% of mobile users use their mobile phones for shopping
- 95% of mobile users use their devices for local search
- $20 billion is spent on mobile advertising every year in the U.S.
- 99% of smartphone users use their mobile browser at least once a day
- 46% of people will not revisit a site if it does not load properly on their device
- By 2014, mobile internet usage will overtake desktop internet usage
These are only a few of the statistics Anchor Mobile put out, but they are pretty impressive, right?
Why incorporate mobile marketing?
If the statistics we just shared with you are not convincing enough, here are a few more reasons to incorporate mobile into your strategy.
- Increases the ease in which your customers interact with your brand
- Connect with your customers anytime, anywhere
- Provide your customer with what they need, when they need it
- Increase revenue by offering another place for your customers to purchase your products or services
- Be confident that your customers will see your marketing
Convinced Yet? We hope so.
How do you incorporate mobile marketing?
Once you understand the different ways you can make mobile work for your business, it becomes easy to implement!
- Mobile friendly websites: Have you ever opened up your favorite website and been asked to visit their mobile site? This is what you want for your website, a mobile optimized version. Whether you are using a website developer, or building your own website, you should be able to build a mobile version.
- Mobile versions typically include:
- Only up-and-down scrolling
- Flat navigation structure
- Large clickable buttons or links
- Limited images
- Only the most important content up front
If you are using GreenRope, you are able to easily create mobile optimized websites. Other website builders typically allow you to build mobile versions as an upgraded feature.
Making it easy for your customer/lead to navigate your site on their mobile will keep them there longer and illustrate your commitment in giving them the best possible online experience.
- Mobile Messaging: Mobile messaging includes sending out text messages/SMS providing the receiver with a coupon code, alert, valuable information, or a link to a landing page or website. By using a mobile messaging platform, such as GreenRope, you are able to build mobile opt-in lists, send out mobile campaigns, and provide automated responses.
- Acquire emails through text messaging! This is an easy way to collect email addresses and allow users to quickly opt-in to receive your company’s newsletters, promotions, etc.
- Send text messages with a Reply code: Set an easy reply code, so that they are automatically added to your newsletter list.
- Include a special word or 5-digit number on your marketing materials allowing people to text in that code and automatically be added to your list.
*Remember: Once they have opted-in via text, send them a confirmation text message letting them know they will be receiving messages from you in the future.
- SMS Promotions/Coupons: Send out time-sensitive coupons and promotions via text message. So many people use their smartphones on a regular basis now, it is only natural to send promotions and coupons to where your customers will most likely see them! Make it easy for your customers to take advantage of your specials! This only enhances the customer experience making them more likely choose your company over another.
- Location-based messaging: This is a way to send customized advertising to your mobile subscribers based on where they are at any given time. For example, Michael’s, the arts and crafts store, sends out coupons and specials whenever a cell-phone subscriber is in proximity to one of their stores. They may be a big company, but you can do it too!
- Mobile Advertising: Mobile advertising follows the principle as mobile websites. You want your ads to look good when being viewed on a mobile device. Again, images should fit properly, tested, and they should link to a mobile friendly website or landing page!
- Mobile Applications: If you have an iPhone or Android, you most likely understand what mobile apps are and what they can do for you. Mobile apps enable businesses to:
- Increase brand exposure by enabling customers to interact with your brand on their smartphone. For example, GreenRope has a mobile app providing
access to contacts, groups, events, and more stored in their GreenRope account on the go!
- Ensure your brand stays top-of-mind and again, enhance your customer’s experience with your company.
- QR Codes: QR codes are two-dimensional bar codes that a user can scan using an app on their smartphone taking them directly to a specific landing page or website. They can also activate functions such as email signups or coupons.
SO, there you have it, a full explanation of how you can implement mobile marketing into your strategy. With the right tools in place and the proper planning, your business can increase sales and enhance your customer experience.
GreenRope has the tools necessary to start your mobile marketing today! Attend one of our mobile marketing webinars to find out more!
Share Category "Marketing":