Title search: ✖
Show All (592)
All About GreenRope (168)
Content Marketing (67)
Customer Experience (78)
Digital Transformation (7)
Email Marketing (2)
Event Recaps (1)
Everything Small Business (46)
In the Clearing with Lars (25)
Marketing Automation (57)
Monthly Updates (19)
Social Media (20)
Tidbits for You (116)
Websites & SEO (4)
Weekly Roundup (16)
10 Surprising Things You Didn't know about Client Services & Search Marketing Manager, Lisa Frampton
Disqualifying Leads Without Alienating Them as Future Customers - Part 2: Cultivating Non-Leads with Automated Marketing
4 Ways to Get Your Email Marketing in Front of the Right Audience Through Personalization & Segmentation
Total Cost of Ownership: What does it mean and how can you avoid costly, unsuccessful implementations.
Everything You Need to Know about PPC: Interview with Spectrum Search Marketing Founder, Bryan Larkin
5 Ways to Optimize Email Marketing Open Rates
Successful online brands spend significant time and money refining their email marketing campaigns. Email still outperforms other forms of digital marketing by a significant margin. According to an eMarketer study, the median email marketing ROI sits at 122%! Before you get started building out a lucrative marketing campaign, there are a number of things to consider.
You can’t profit off an email marketing campaign if no one actually opens your emails. For this reason, your open rate is one of the most critical KPIs for judging email marketing success.
Here are 5 Ways to Optimize Email Marketing Open Rates:
1. Update your Domain Name Settings. Make sure you have the proper DKIM/SPF records in place so your emails actually make it to the inbox. The consequence for not having the necessary records set up for your sending domain will be having your carefully built emails being sent straight to the junk folder by most ISPs.
Domain Keys Identified Mail (DKIM) record adds a digital signature to your email to verify the message is authorized by the sending domain. The DKIM check determines if the message was signed and associated with the correct domain and that the content has not been modified. This is essential for maintaining good deliverability rates.
Also of great importance is Sender Policy Framework (SPF), which authorizes what servers are allowed to send emails for your domain. It is a simple email validation system designed to help recipients determine if email is legitimate or spam by making sure the server has permission to send emails for your domain.
2. Less is more. Don't over saturate your audience with too many irrelevant emails. Systems like GreenRope can show you analytics to understand the most effective sending times & when your audience is most engaged. Use this information before setting up your scheduled emails to determine which days (and time of the day) to send.
3. Personalize. Segment your email marketing campaigns by using data and powerful automations. By segmenting your campaigns using information like consumer behaviors, demographics, preferences, and purchase history, you can better personalize your marketing efforts so each communication is relevant to the recipient. One size does not fit all!
The best ESPs are integrated into more extensive Customer Relationship Management platforms. Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools can work in sync with other forms of marketing automation and contact information to create intelligent marketing campaigns based on a 360 degree view of your customer.
4. Subject lines. Keep your subject lines short, sweet, and to the point. Do not trick people into opening up your emails with cheeky or irrelevant subject lines. This can undermine consumer trust in your brand. It’s also important to note that certain words and phrases can result in your emails being flagged as spam by ISPs. Phrases like ‘cash bonus’, ‘free leads’, ‘great offer’, and ‘click here’ can tank your deliverability rates, and if your message can’t be delivered, it definitely won’t be opened. When subject lines are consistently accurate and reliable, open rates and brand trust flourish.
5. Use the right system. Investing in a fully integrated ESP and CRM like GreenRope can not only improve the deliverability of your email campaigns, but also boost the success of your marketing efforts as a whole. GreenRope's inboxing rate blows its competitors out of the water, offering a staggering 99% deliverability. This means, you can rest assured that your emails are actually reaching your recipients. It doesn’t matter how beautiful your emails are if you’re not using servers that can actually land them in your lead’s inbox.
Bonus Tip: Have a strategy. It's tempting to send what you want to send, when you want to send it, but successful email marketing involves creating well built out campaigns with goals and strategy. Have a goal for each message you send. Is it to convert? Inform? Set intentions and deliver content that is geared toward reaching that intention.
Email marketing is classy, effective, and a quality investment for your time and money. By utilizing our tips, brands can leverage the power of email to establish a powerful online presence.