Budget-Friendly Marketing Strategies
You don’t have to outspend your competition to gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace. Instead, you need to get creative with your marketing and set up your business for exponential growth with out-of-the-box thinking.
In this article, we outline a few powerful marketing tactics to help you grow your business faster without spending a fortune in the process.
A typical marketing strategy should:
- Promote your company to the right target audience
- Help you to understand your customers
- Enhance your place in the market
- Allow you to better understand your competitors
1. Email Marketing
Email is far from dead and one of the most effective ways to reach your target audience. Email is an owned marketing tool which means you are in complete control of the content as well as the distribution.
72% of customers prefer email as their primary channel for business communication which makes emailing a highly effective way of nurturing and converting leads. The best part about email is that it has an average ROI of $42 for every $1 spent.
The benefits of email marketing include:
- Reach a wider audience: You can send an instant message to multiple people globally.
- Low costs: There are no printouts or postage expenses. You won't incur exposure costs on a specific magazine, billboard, or television channel.
- Drive revenue: You can take advantage of impulse buying. Email newsletters directly link to product and service checkout, enabling you to make high sales.
- Easy to share: At the click of a button, you can forward amazing deals and offers
While email is effective, it has to be done right. Whether or not your message ends up in spam filters is not a game of chance. Let your email marketing campaign be a deliberate process that targets specific customers and prospects with the goal of influencing their purchase decisions.
Consider the following useful tips to make the most out of email marketing:
- Personalize your messages for every recipient
- Use emotion in your email copy
- Tell a story
- Use automation
- Segment your subscriber database
- Nurture subscribers into customers
- Optimize for both mobile and desktop
- Showcase your values and beliefs
- Make sure you have your DKIM & SPF set up
2. SMS Marketing
SMS marketing is a simple and fast way to reach your customers and prospects. 90% of SMSs are opened and read within three minutes, making them an excellent and affordable (the cost of each SMS is roughly 0.1 cents) marketing tool. A thoughtful, well-designed SMS marketing plan will build brand awareness, drive sales and turn your customers into your biggest fans.
The main types of SMS marketing include:
- Discounts and offers
- Personalized promotions
The benefits of SMS marketing include:
- It's an immediate and direct channel: Most people spend time on their phones, guaranteeing wider brand reachability. You can automate text messages to push promotions, newsletter links, and landing pages.
- It can integrate with other channels: SMS can support and enhance marketing channels like email and social media.
- Enables you to learn about your clients: You can obtain feedback from your clients through surveys.
It's also important that you personalize your SMSs. And we are not talking about adding first names to your SMS greetings but rather delving into the psyche of your prospects to understand their likes, dislikes, opinions, and hopes.
You can do this by using data stored in your CRM, as well as filters in customer journeys to segment your contacts based on specific criteria. You can automate your SMS outreach using a complete CRM marketing software, like GreenRope, that ties together your data, marketing, sales, customer service, and more.
3. Customer Journey Mapping
A customer journey map is a visual representation of the customer's experience with a brand. Customer journey mapping is the process of creating a visual story of your customer's interactions with your business. This strategy helps you step in your client's shoes and evaluate your brand from a customer's standpoint.
It also allows you to understand the concerns and needs of prospective customers, which directly inhibit or motivate their actions. This insight enables you to improve customer experience, thus leading to improved customer retention and higher conversion rates.
Proven benefits of customer journey mapping:
- Enables you to optimize the customer experience
- Easy way to visualize how leads and customers move through your funnel
- Understand the differences in buyer personas as they move from prospects to conversion
- Personalize the customer experience through the use of data
- Automate a dynamic strategy by integrating different kinds of touchpoints throughout the customer journey
4. Use Social Media
When 93% of B2B marketers use at least one of the "Big Four" social media sites to distribute content, you cannot ignore the power and reach of social media. In fact, some businesses have been built solely on the backs of social media.
Social media does take time, which may prove challenging, but you can certainly build momentum and become better with time. If you have the dollars to burn, you can hire a social media manager, but if you don't, be authentic and consistent. Share your thoughts, your products, or anything that will be useful and relevant to your audience.
The benefits of social media marketing include:
- Improved search engine ranking
- High consumer satisfaction
- Increased conversion rates
- Improved brand loyalty
- Cost-effective marketing strategy
- Increased marketplace insights
- More inbound traffic
- Low to little cost outside of time investment
5. Teach Your Audience-Don't Sell
According to Forbes contributor Brian Sutter, "Teach, Don't Sell!" The idea of teaching your prospects instead of selling to them is what sets content marketing apart from advertising.
If your marketing campaigns are too pushy, the target audience will take you for a con and fail to trust your products or services. On the contrary, teaching establishes you as an industry leader and positions you as the go-to person in time of need.
Avoid asking your readers to buy your products in every piece of content. Also, focus on your target audience and what they want to know instead of what you want to tell them.
6. SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
SEO marketing strategy includes organizing the website's content by topic to increase brand appearance in search results. It includes the procedure you follow to boost the opportunity to obtain traffic from search engines.
When creating an overall marketing strategy, consider mobile SEO. Make your site content accessible and available to clients on mobile devices. Such clients have a similar experience and obtain an equal value as desktop owners.
Benefits of SEO marketing include:
- Optimizes user experience
- Generates an impressive return on investment (ROI)
- Targets a whole marketing funnel
- Reaches the entire target audience
- Enhances trust and credibility
To enhance business growth, understand your customers and utilize an appropriate marketing strategy. These marketing strategies enhance inbound traffic and channel an increased brand awareness. A proper marketing strategy ensures your brand reaches the entire target audience and guarantees improved revenues.
We Can Help You Take the Command-and Build Demand
At GreenRope, we thrive on a strong desire to provide exceptional value to our customers. For over a decade, we have evolved from being the first email marketing service provider to a premier all-in-one CRM platform.
Our mantra is to deliver sustainable growth and prosperity for your business and strengthen relationships through the most superior sales, marketing, and operations platform backed by world-class customer service.
GreenRope CRM leverages modern cutting-edge technology, including advanced automation, predictive analytics, artificial intelligence, and an intuitive, easy-to-use interface to guarantee your growth and efficiency.
Our power guarantee is that you save more than 90% of the total cost of ownership (TCO) with our (world's only) fully integrated sales, marketing, and operations platform. For more information on how to grow your business fast or how our CRM can help you grow, feel free to Contact Us, and we will be more than willing to assist.
GreenRope is here to enhance brand visibility through our wide array of marketing strategies. Contact us today to build long-term relationships with our features for you to interact with your leads.
Share Category "Marketing Automation":